Now that Christmas is officially over, I can reveal some of the gifts we gave!! 😀 I am so excited! I love giving gifts and trying to personalize each one so that people will truly enjoy what they receive.
We did several couples gifts this year. For all the couples on my husband’s side of the family, we did movie night date nights! I am so excited about these!
There are a lot of ideas floating around on the internet, but these are the items we ended up putting in their gift bags…
- Two bags of microwavable popcorn
- Popcorn seasonings. We purchased these on Amazon and gave two to each couple. Kernel Season’s Popcorn Seasoning Large Sampler Kit (Variety Pack of 10 Different Flavors)
- Two boxes of candy
- A gift code for a Redbox movie
Another theme of the year was games. I enjoy giving experiences, not just things. Games are a lot of fun but also build relationships and memories!
Two couples got this Farkle Classic Dice Game. And two couples/families got this Melissa & Doug Suspend game. That is a good one for couples to do together for an at-home date night, or for the family to play together. 🙂 ThinkFun Zingo is a FUN game as well!! The Wingman and I had a lot of fun playing it with his grandparents. This game was also sent to some cousins for a Christmas present this year. 🙂
Another great game for kids and families to play together is HedBanz Game – Edition may vary! My nieces and nephew got this game a couple years ago and had a lot of fun with it. So this year I gifted it to my other nieces and nephews. 🙂 Again, a great game that families can play together and the children can play on their own (depending on the age of the children).
The Wingman’s favorite gift this year was this Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Coal Hopper Figure 8 Set. He had been asking for a Thomas train for Christmas and he was thrilled with this one. I don’t know how many hours he spent driving his trains around the track on Christmas day!
Other fun children’s gifts this year included
- O Ball Rattle and Roll Car Assorted Colors & Styles for our 6 month old nephew
- Curious George in the Snow book for one of my bestie’s little daughter
- Water Wow books! These things are so fun! There are a lot of great options like animals (Melissa & Doug Water Wow Coloring Book – Animals), vehicles (Melissa & Doug Water Wow Coloring Book – Vehicles) and numbers (Melissa & Doug Water Wow Numbers)
- Nerf N-Strike Jolt Blaster (blue)
- Favorite Trucks Stickers (Dover Little Activity Books Stickers) The Wingman loves stickers and this was a great inexpensive stocking stuffer!
As I was browsing on Amazon, I came across this great line of books from Knock Knock. They are fill in the blank “journals.” I got this one for one of my best friends. Knock Knock Why You’re So Awesome Fill-In-The-Blank Journal It was so fun filling it out. I loved being able to let her know how much she means to me. Some of the fill-ins were more heartfelt, others were more lighthearted and fun. But whoever came up with the idea to make these books was a great person! 😉
I found these earrings for my other bestie. Stainless Steel Post with Batman Cut Stud Earrings
She and I are pretty much the biggest Batman fans ever. Not even an exaggeration. So when I saw these earrings I had to get them for her. 😀
So there is a glimpse at some of the fun things we found this year. What were your favorite gifts to give? Share in the comments!! I always love hearing new gift ideas! 🙂
Note: Life With You is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.